The Met Office has issued a Level 3 heat health alert between Thursday, 6th August and Sunday, 9th August.
View the full warning at the Met Office Heat Health Watch site.
Heatwave and Covid-19
Please note that additional information and tips for Covid-19 and hot weather has been issued by the government.
- Fans should not be used in offices as this could increase the spread of infection. Remember that fans are ineffective in temperatures above 350C and cause increased dehydration
- Open windows and use blinds to help regulate temperature
- Staff wearing PPE should keep hydrated, change masks regularly (especially if damp) and ensure that their own wellbeing is maintained
- Paracetamol (and aspirin) may be used to manage COVID-related symptoms but it is recommended that they are not used solely to reduce body temperature. Always consult your pharmacist, GP or NHS 111 for advice
- Keep cool and hydrated by regularly sipping cold water-based drinks and avoid alcohol
- Use sponges or cloths made damp by cold water to help control your temperature
- Close blinds and curtains to help control the temperature of your home
- Check on the wellbeing of vulnerable friends and family who may be shielding or who are isolated. Remember to observe social distancing guidance social distancing guidance