To help you be and feel safer at home, we are running through March our Think WIDE(N) burglary prevention campaign. At Neighbourhood Watch, we also believe neighbours keeping an eye out for each other is key to reducing burglary, so we’ve extended the WIDE acronym to WIDE(N)
- W: WINDOWS: Keep your windows locked
- I: INTERIOR: Put inside lights on a timer/smart bulb
- D: DOORS: Double or deadlock your doors
- E: EXTERIOR: Put outside lights on a sensor
- (N): NEIGHBOURS: Keep an eye out for your neighbours
To learn more about WIDE(N) and burglary prevention measures, visit ourwatch.org.uk/thinkwiden.