#WestSussBus – finding out your views on the buses
We’ve just launched #WestSussBus – a long-term engagement project – to collect views, suggestions and ideas about local bus services. It’s on the West Sussex County Council (WSCC) engagement hub and here is the address: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/westsussbus
The project has it’s own email address, too email@example.com and the title #WestSussBus can be used as a hashtag for social media postings about local buses.
Please find attached information for circulation in your area. There’s a downloadable poster and two versions of an e-flyer.
As it’s a long-term project, there’s no end date, and it’s likely to be running for at least a year.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Stakeholder and Partnerships Officer, S&P Team
Local Highways Operations, Highways, Transport and Planning
West Sussex County Council, County Hall, Chichester
The spring clean is on Tuesday the 22nd of March at 10am to 12:30pm and there will be Coffee and Cake provided.
Please help us if you can, you are very welcome
Please call Linda Sadler on 07766494007
‘WHAT DOES SMART SECURITY MEAN FOR MY HOME?’
Join this virtual chat with a smart security expert from ERA, plus Q&A
Thursday 10th March, 5 – 6pm
Find out what smart security means for your home and how simple changes can vastly improve its security. During the webinar Neighbourhood Watch CEO, John Hayward-Cripps, and ERA’s smart security expert, Sumier Foster-Shah, will discuss:
- available smart security solutions
- what to look for when choosing a smart security system
- and much more
Following the discussion, they will run a live Q&A session to answer all of your questions and concerns.
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE*
*Maximum 500 places. Register early and sign in promptly on the day to guarantee your place.
NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH NETWORK, Central Support Team
To help you be and feel safer at home, we are running through March our Think WIDE(N) burglary prevention campaign. At Neighbourhood Watch, we also believe neighbours keeping an eye out for each other is key to reducing burglary, so we’ve extended the WIDE acronym to WIDE(N)
- W: WINDOWS: Keep your windows locked
- I: INTERIOR: Put inside lights on a timer/smart bulb
- D: DOORS: Double or deadlock your doors
- E: EXTERIOR: Put outside lights on a sensor
- (N): NEIGHBOURS: Keep an eye out for your neighbours
To learn more about WIDE(N) and burglary prevention measures, visit ourwatch.org.uk/thinkwiden.
To order a tasty, nutritious apetito meal and meet one of our friendly drivers that form the
backbone of our meals and wheels service, just call our customer services team on 01903 718893
or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order a hot lunchtime meal delivered to your door.
Storm Eunice may cause significant disruption due to extremely strong winds on Friday.
What to expect:
- There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur and possibly affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves are likely and beach material is likely to be thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
- It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees.
Credit – Derek Pratt MBE (NWN, Administrator, Sussex)
Help with Finances
Help with finances is a new web page which lists the support
that is available to those who are struggling with paying council tax bills, as well as
signposting them on to other sites of financial assistance and how to access them.
Please encourage anyone you know who may be struggling to get in touch.
Article forwarded from Judy Fowler
To help raise awareness of these different types of scams, how to spot them, and what to do if you or your family become a victim, the West Sussex Community Safety & Wellbeing Team, alongside Trading Standards, are running free monthly scams awareness webinars for you to attend.
|Tuesday 15 February 2022: 1:00 – 2:30pm Book here|
Monday 7 March 2022: 10:00 – 11:30am Book here
Please note that WSCC have received some reports of difficulty booking via Internet Explorer. Please use another browser or contact WSCC at CommunitySafety.Wellbeing@westsussex.gov.uk to reserve a place.
|Message Sent By|
Derek Pratt MBE (NWN, Administrator, Sussex)